For this milestone, you are tasked with creating a cover letter based on a position you would like to apply for at Kaizen Industries, an organization we’ve created to simulate the job application process. You can research Kaizen Industries services and career opportunities on the Kaizen Industries website: https://www.kaizen-industries.com/
Below are the steps and criteria that you must meet to complete the assignment.
Step 1: Review cover letter walk-through and sample examples provided on the sidebar.
Note: Do not feel like you have to use the NexGenT templates. They are there for your use or as a resource to reference.
Step 2: Create a new or revise an old cover letter that you have and incorporate your NexGenT program skills, certifications, and experience. While you are tasked with customizing this cover letter for Kaizen Industries, it will serve as a template for your future job applications.
Follow the seven steps below to help you complete this milestone:
1. Does your cover letter include your contact details at the top that include your full name, a professional email you check, your phone number, your address, and a link to your LinkedIn profile?
2. Is the letter addressed to the appropriate person at Kaizen Industries?
3. In the body of your cover letter, do you include the name of the company, Kaizen Industries, and demonstrate that you have done company research?
4. Did you state how you heard of the open position?
5. In the body of your cover letter, did you mention your IT or cyber certifications and skills?
6. Did you mention your accomplishments from past projects or course work that is applicable to the job you are applying for?
7. Did you describe past employment accomplishments that relate to the job applying for?
8. Does your conclusion paragraph include why you would be the best fit for the company and the job you are applying for?