For this milestone, you are tasked with supercharging your LinkedIn profile!
Below are the steps and criteria that you must meet to complete the assignment.
Step 1: Review the LinkedIn Profile Checklist on the sidebar of this page.
Step 2: Create a new profile or revise your current LinkedIn profile. Be sure to incorporate your NexGenT program skills, education, certifications, and experience.
Follow the eight steps below to help you complete this milestone:
1. Do you have a banner photo? A picture that attracts the attention of the viewer, keeping them on your page longer. Something IT related or something personal like your city’s skyline.
2. Is your profile picture professional? Are you looking at the camera, smiling, and dressed professionally? Is the picture clear and high resolution?
3. Does your LinkedIn include a headline applicable to the job you want to attain and have IT-specific skills that can be searched by keywords from recruiters?
4. Is your ‘Open for Opportunities’ button on?
5. Does your LinkedIn include an ‘About’ section that shares who you are, what it’s like to work with you, and what you are looking for?
6. Does the work experience you listed mimic your resume?
7. Did you include an education and license & certification section?
8. Do you list your technical and interpersonal skills within the ‘skills’ section that are directly applicable to the jobs you will be applying for and that have IT keywords that can be searched for by recruiters?